Saturday, March 28, 2015

Spring Outfits

Hey guys! Spring is definitely my favorite season. Warmer weather, bright colors, pretty pastels, and cute wedges. Now that I am living in the DC area, spring also means cherry blossoms everywhere on campus, which are my absolute favorite flower. So in honor of spring and the upcoming Cherry Blossom Festival I would like to share with you guys some of my favorite spring time outfits.






Some of my personal Spring fashion tips:

1. I try to balance out lengths. Meaning if I am wearing a long sleeve top I try to wear a short bottom. For me is the ideal combination for the weather.

2. Bright colors are a must. The best part of spring is getting to exchange your more neutral winter wardrobe for the fun bright colors of spring. Hot Pink, Coral, Turquoise, and Yellow are my go to's. 

3. Embrace white. Especially as spring changes to summer, white is what I call a "happier" neutral and allows for a clean background to all my fun and colorful accessories.

4. Wedges, sandals, and flats. It isn't quite time for 24/7 flip-flop wearing but you are also no longer limited in you foot wear choices by the sheer necessity of warmth or snow proofing. Spring also means that wedges are totally appropriate to replace heals for fancy functions. 

5. Button downs and cardigans. These are the most versatile items in my closet. Buttons downs can be worn with jeans or shorts for a quick easy look or over a dress/skirt for a cute country vibe. Cardigans work the same. They can be worn over button down, cute tops, or fun spring dresses.   

I hope you guys enjoy these outfits and tips for spring.
XOXO,


No comments:

Post a Comment